Friday, October 22, 2010

Altered Vintage Findings Tin by Making Memories

I was issued a challenge on another scrappy blog to alter a tin and include a butterfly on it. I was also to include a before picture of the tin. It was the AWESOME blog run by my friend val, Scrap, Love, Laugh! which can be found at www.scraplovelaugh.blogspot.com. Check out their blog for monthly challenges with GREAT prizes and some awesome inspiration!!!

So, here is the before picture of my tin:

I did a SIMPLE, SIMPLE altered tin. I might do another nicer one later, but I was just looking to kill about ten minutes as a reward for finishing writing a page of my paper, so I needed a simple project! 

Supplies Used (CC=available at cropchocolate.com): 
Vintage Findings Tin by Making Memories (CC)
Gold Outline Stickers by Sakura 
Roll of Adhesive Bling Circles by Recollections
Adhesive Bling Shape Strips by Recollections
Gold Adhesive Glitter Chipboard Alphabet Stickers by Recollections
Vinyl Sticker Paper by Slice (CC) part of the Multi-pack by Slice
Glossy Accents by Ranger


First, I covered the bottom of the tin with Vinyl Sticker Paper by Slice which is self-adhesive. I cut a rectangle a little larger than the size of the tin. Applied the vinyl to the tin and folded the edges up and squished in the corners. Then I trimmed off the excess so the tin would easily close. I left the top of the tin in its original condition.


I knew I needed to add the butterfly so I found a beautiful delicate Gold Butterfly Outline Sticker by Sakura that I wanted to use on it and since gold and silver are both metallics and ALL metallics are neutrals, they went together perfectly! I added some Glossy Accents to highlight parts of the butterfly's wings. Then I found these cool Gold Chipboard Alpha Stickers by Recollections, so I added an 'M' for Megan (of course!). The Gold Alphas already had the 3 rhinestones on them, so I decided to add a few of the rhinestone circle accents to the tin, but then there were empty spaces that were too small for the rhinestone circle accents, but needed something to fill them in, so I added the rhinestone shapes to the tin lid. And,  Viola!

4 comments:

  1. awesome tin megan!!! thanks for playing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute tin love the butterfly it looks so delicate! Thanks for playing along. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo so so pretty!!! thanks for playing along with us :) xxx Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woww so beautiful!!! thanks for playing with us =D
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete